So I’m one of those people that instantly gets hungry or gets cravings just from watching a video. Well I just watched a video on a woman eating a bag of chow. For those of you who aren’t West Indian, chow is the best way (only way for me ) the Caribbean is able to preserve their fruit. Its a combination of sweet, salty and spicy – or hot, depending on how you like it. And tonight, I’m going to teach you how to anchor that odd craving.
Normally I do it with mangos, the sour, the better! But for the sake of availability its going to be pineapple!!
You will need:
- 1 Pineapple
- 1 Lime / lemon
- Hot pepper – minced (I use scotch bonnet)
- 4-5 cloves of fresh garlic – minced
- A handful of shadowbenni or cilantro – minced
- Salt to taste
- You want to start by peeling and chopping up your pineapple. Nice bite size chunks are perfect! Feel free to pull out the core, or don’t. Completely up to you
- Roll and squeeze 1 lime or lemon into the pineapple
- Add and mix in the garlic and cilantro and your desired amount of the pepper.
- Mix well, incorporating all flavours and elements
- Add salt to taste for your desire.
When your finished you will have something that looks like this