This crockpot pasta is a LIFE SAVER!!! I haven’t posted much as I’ve been feeling kind of under the weather, so when my parents offered to babysit for a few days, I jumped at the opportunity!
Little did I know, I was really missing my little road runner, so when he finally came home and I was still feeling bleh, I threw some stuff into my crockpot and 30 minutes later… I made a masterpiece!
Here’s the rough chopped recipe ( keep in mind my measurements are for a family of 3 with a toddler.. so adjust for your own!)
What you will need
- 2 hot Italian sausages – boiled and sliced
- 1 chicken breast – cut into 3 and parboiled
- 1 tomato – chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 green onion – chopped
- Teaspoon dry oregano
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 of a bag of pasta.. your choice
- 1 bouillon cube
- 1 cup of water
Here’s what I did.
- Right as I started, I turned my crockpot on.
- I put my 2 sausages to boil on the stove
- I began chopping my veggies and herbs adding them straight to the crockpot when I was finished.
- Do not strain the sausage or discard of the water. Just remove them. My sausages came out and ran them under some cold water to cool down and instantly stop the cooking
- While that was cooling, I sliced my chicken into 3 and then I put them into the exact same pot of water my sausages came of out. You just wanted to cook the outside of the chicken.
- While my chicken boiled on high for about 2 minutes I sliced up my sausages and added them straight to the crockpot
- I removed the chicken from the pot of water and cut it into smaller pieces – again, added it straight to the crockpot
- I added in my pasta along with the oregano
- I mixed my bouillon cube in a cup of warm water and added that in as well. That is all the water you will need for this
- I gave my pot a good mix, incorporating everything and put the lid on.
- 30 minutes later…. TAADA!! Just taste for salt .. add if needed.
This part is totally optional… I then garnished my pasta with some freshly chopped green onions, parsley and another piece of bell pepper!
Finished product? … VOILA!